Welcome!

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy the work on this blog, find me online at:

or e-mail me at alexandramihai_royahoo.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 8, 2013

WIPS of a 6 hour painting study

This is the reference photograph I wanted to paint, which was uploaded as stock on deviantart here.
To begin with, I sketched out the drawing: 
  Then I blocked in the background colors
Next I isolated the area of the face, and added some foreground foliage:
Then I started adding color to the hair and some of her face:
Focused on the eyes a bit:
And the lips:
Some work on her shirt:
And some finishing touches, including a slight contrast adjustment, and here's the final image :)

No comments:

Post a Comment